Summer Body Challenge
Summer Body Challenge
Healthy Heart and a Summer Body
March is here and The British Heart Foundation is challenging the country to give up chocolate. At Oncore, we know that might be a challenge too far but it has inspired us to launch our Summer Body Challenge, all themed around losing the winter weight for summer that is fast approaching! And more importantly, achieving healthy hearts! We know it has been a long cold winter and New Year Resolutions are long forgotten, so our challenge is just what you need to get you back on track.
The Summer Body challenge takes three parts, all themed around results and improving heart health and our overall well-being.
1. Exercise: Follow our daily plan (less than 5 minutes) of cardio and strength-building exercises. Rest days are included and the count builds throughout the month. See Plan Here: March Summer Body Challenge and videos below. Be sure to check social media for daily updates and videos of the exercises!
2. Open Heart Yoga Poses: End each daily workout with our heart opening yoga pose. Try to build on the pose each day so by the weekend you are holding it for 5 minutes and doing your heart health a world of good. We will post this at the beginning of each week on social media
3. Food Challenge: Each week we will give you a food group to challenge yourself to eat at least three times that week.
- WEEK 1 (March 1st-5th): Anti-oxidant – Green Tea, Blueberries, Pomegranate, Strawberries, Cranberries
- WEEK 2 (Mar 6th-12th): Green Goodness – Avocado, Broccoli, Spinach, and Kale
- WEEK 3 (Mar 13th-19th): Potassium Week – Bananas, nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts and macadamia nuts), potatoes, leafy greens
- WEEK 4 (Mar 20th-26th): Omega 3 – Salmon, Tuna, Trout or Other Omega 3 rich fish, Walnuts
- WEEK 5 (Mar 27th-31st): Pick-a-Mix – Pick 3 of your favourite foods from the last four weeks
Want more of a challenge? Then join Mindful Eating (see descriptions below)! And why not post your own updates on exercise and food at #summerbods
Make small changes with Oncore and live a fuller and healthier life!
Oncore classes help you tick the fitness box but what you put in your body is so important to your health! We know how easily calories slip past your lips when you are busy/tired but Oncore is here to help! Join out Mindful Eating program and realise the role food plays in your life.
This is not about dieting! Food is fuel for our minds and bodies and life is too short to over-think everything you eat. This is about making food a choice, not a habit; take back control of what you put in your body!
How it works?
Join the Mindful Eating Whatsapp group, and everyday Monday through Friday 5pm take a picture of everything that you eat and drink. At the end of each day, make a photo collage of the photos, then send them to the group. Remember, as the name says, this is just about being mindful of what you eat, it is not a diet!
Too shy to join our group whatsapp, then do it with a friend. Trust us, we have tested this and it really works! Even after a few days you will start making better, mindful choices.
To jump start your Mindful Eating, we’ve teamed up with Mindful Chef, who is offering all our participants a free trial box! Boxes supply you with fresh ingredients to make a healthy meal in only 15-20 minutes! Learn more about the Mindful Chef here!
Want to Join?
Email (email@example.com) with your mobile number. We will add you to the Whatsapp group, reply with instructions and your unique code to use on the Mindful Chef website to redeem your free trial box.
We look forward to helping you eat mindfully and take your health and fitness to the next level!
And in case you need any more motivation here are out HEART FACTS and even more reason to join us:
Did you know that the best way to keep your ticker in check is with physical exercise and adding in plant-based fibre into your diet? Your heart beats over 100,000 times per day, pumping 2,000 gallons of blood throughout your circulatory system – a vital action to keep you alive and kicking!